NetClassroom  |   Directory  |   NDCL Cloud  |   Sitemap
NDCL At A Glance

Who we are:
  •    710 young men and women enrolled in grades 9 - 12
  •    99% of 2014 graduates college bound
  •    $16 million in scholarships earned by graduates of 2014
  •    89%  Catholic
  •    Average Class Size: 20
  •    Ratio of boys to girls: 48:52
  •    Active, involved campus ministry and service learning
  •    International students from China and Germany
  •    Competitive summer internships at the Cleveland Clinic awarded annually
  •    3600 NDCL alumni in its 25th year
Extra-Curricular Opportunties ~ Something for every student:

Students participate in a wide range of clubs from Mock Trial, Robotics, Academic Decathlon, Science Olympiad, Drama, Band, school publications. There are thirty-two varsity teams and a total of forty-nine which includes JV and freshmen. Multiple campus ministry activities are available including, but not limited to, Students for Peace and Justice (STPJ), Joseph of Arimathea Pallbearer ministry, tutoring, immersion trips to West Virginia and Central America.

Scholarships and Tuition Assistance Programs
  • 6.5% students, academic scholarship
  • 42% students, need-based tuition assistance.
NDCL's Faculty and Staff
  •    Administrators – 4
  •    Campus Ministers – 2
  •    School Psychologist – .5
  •    College Counselors – 3.5
  •    Instructional Staff – 62
  •    Support Staff – 20
  •    Sisters of Notre Dame: 7
Our Legacy: Notre Dame Academy and Cathedral Latin School
  • 21% of NDCL students are from Legacy Families: children/grandchildren of Nore Dame Academy, Cathedral Latin and/or NDCL alumni.
  • 29% of students are brothers/sisters of NDCL alumni.
  • NDCL will graduate its 25th class in May, 2015
Historical Highlights

1878 Notre Dame Academy established at 18th and Superior, Cleveland
1915 Notre Dame Academy relocates to Ansel Road, Cleveland
1916 Founding of Cathedral Latin School
1922
The Diocese of Cleveland turns over the operation of Cathedral Latin to the Society of Mary ("The Marianists")
1963 Notre Dame Academy relocates to Munson Township, Geauga County
1979 Cathedral Latin School graduates its last class
1988 The Sisters of Notre Dame and the Cathedral Latin Alumni Trustees sign the Affiliation Agreement creating Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin School
1990 Notre Dame Academy graduates its last class
1991 First graduation class of Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin School
2003 Governing Board of Directors established with a lay Board Chair
2006
President-Principal model of leadership implemented
2009
The school cafeteria undergoes a total renovation
2012-13
First comprehensive capital campaign completed and the Pat and Janet O'Brien Center for the Performing Arts featuring the Sam J. Frankino Stage, the Eugene T. Baker  `37 gym, and Lozick Field (synthetic turf) and track at Lion Stadium are completed.
2013-14
NDCL celebrates its 25th anniversary year
2014-15
The library is repurposed into The Sisters of Notre Dame Learning Commons
The Class of 2015 is the 25th NDCL Graduation Class.
Notre Dame – Cathedral Latin School | 13000 Auburn Road | Chardon, OH 44024 | Ph: 440.286.6226 | Fx: 440.286.7199 | ndcl@ndcl.org
For questions or comments about the site, please contact the webmaster.       © Copyright 2014 NDCL.        School CMS created by eSchoolView
Quick-Edit Login